1 tsp of loose tea = 2 grams
3 oz makes 30-40 (8 oz) cups of tea
8 oz makes 80-100 (8 oz) cups of tea
How to Get That Perfect Cup of Tea:
• To make a tea stronger, don’t steep it for longer. Unless it’s an herbal, steeping a tea for too long will make it bitter rather than strong. Instead, add more tea leaves or bags!
• As a general rule, use one level teaspoon or 2 grams for every cup (8 oz) you’re making. Fluffier ingredients like mint and chamomile, or teas with larger leaves like green tea or oolong could use an extra teaspoon.
• Tea bag teas are usually one per cup (8 oz) of tea, though you can always double-up when you want it stronger!
• Spring water is ideal for brewing, but not necessary for making a good cup of tea. If possible, use fresh cold water. Never use water from the hot water tap. Let the tap water run for a few seconds until it is quite cold; this ensures that the water is aerated (full of oxygen) to release the full flavor of the tea leaves.
• Try not to let your water reach a rolling boil, as that will release oxygen and result in a flat-tasting cup of tea.
• If brewing with loose leaf tea, there are several different types of infusers available; sometimes you’ll need to experiment a little until you find the perfect one for you.
We ship within 1-2 business days, Monday through Friday.
The shipping carrier usually takes 1-5 business days to deliver your package and you will receive a shipping notification email, which includes your tracking number, once your order is shipped.
The flat rate shipping fee is $6.95 for all orders of $49 and under.
We offer FREE US shipping for all orders over $49.
We can ship virtually to any country in the world, but each country has its own rules when it comes to importing goods.
It is up to the client to know his/hers country laws and regulations.
At Up Leaf Tea, we care about your satisfaction! We stand behind our products 100%. If you are not satisfied with our tea or other products for any reason, simply contact us. We will make sure you are happy. Our customers love our products and our company and their continued support is testament to our commitment to quality and satisfaction.
We accept returns or exchanges on defective or unused items such as accessories and mugs. We cannot accept returns on used merchandise. Please be sure all merchandise (excluding tea) items are returned or exchanged within 30 days of the purchase date for a store credit, a refund, or a replacement.
Tea due to its perishable nature and to food regulations, cannot be returned for credit or refund.
If a shipment has been lost by the carrier (i.e. USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL,...) and it is not recovered, and the delivery confirmation report shows a non-delivery then we will reship at no cost to the customer. However, if the shipment is claimed to be lost by the carrier and the delivery confirmation shows "delivered" then our guarantee has been fulfilled and we will not reship free of charge.